Thursday, September 23, 2010

The First Night

Chalupa is resting quietly right now, but we're braced for a long night or two. Sidetrack is at home for the night, and the schedule calls for a 10:30 check in and a 1:00 a.m. check in and I believe another at 4:00 a.m. They've allowed Chalupa to access the morphine every ten minutes, which is up from every 15 minutes. She is also taking Tylenol.

She won't be hungry for a few days, so she is "fed" through an IV. When she is awake, she's been asked to wiggle her toes. And she likes to have a wet swap (small sponge) run through her mouth to moisten things a bit. The towel on her head is like a cool compress. In the brief time I was away at class, she seems to have regained some color.

Tomorrow (Friday) Sidetrack will relieve me early in the morning, and I'll swing into work for a few quick hours. Then when I return, I'll pick up Beaner from school so she can swing by and visit for just a bit. Tomorrow night is Homecoming (Game) so she won't have a chance to visit then. More on homecoming later. Right now... I might grab a minute or two of shut eye.

1 comment:

Mrs. Cravitz said...

Ohhhh sweet Maggie, I'm sorry you are hurting!!! I'm sending you hugs that your Mom & Dad can give you when you are ready for hugs :)