Monday, September 20, 2010

Another 26.2 Mile Experience

When Mr. Beep Beep and I set out on Sunday morning's run around the Fox Cities area... we had one goal in mind, cover the 26.2 mile course in under 4:00 hours. Staying on task meant sticking to the plan... be last over the start line and hold an easy jog for about 6 miles. We did just that, and then picked up our pace ever so slightly to pass and stay of the 3:50 pack (group running to cross the finish line in 3 hours and 50 minutes.

We held this position until about 18 miles and started when we started to loose steam. The 3:50 pack caught us at about mile 19, and we continued to lose steam. Despite losing 7 minutes in the final 5 miles, we still managed to meet the goal setting a new PR for Mr. Beep Beep. Congratulations Chris!

Next up The Twin Cities Marathon on October 3. Crazy Pete and I may try to run sub 3:30:59 to re-qualify for Boston. Based on the Fox Cities run, I believe I've got a 3:40 in me, but those last 10 minutes will be the painful part. Not sure I have it in me, and (quite frankly) I'm not sure I really care. We'll see.

No comments: