Saturday, July 14, 2007

Peanut and Chalupa Return

It's been a quiet week at la hacienda. The Peanut and Chalupa have been at camp until today (Friday). Can you imagine five days without any bickering... man alive it was quiet. And we are thrilled to have them home safe and sound. We're not quite ready yet for that much peace and quiet.

And how has our first night gone you ask? Well, it's 2:00 a.m. and the Peanut has puked twice. Sh is one tired child. At least her aim has improved and can get it all into one load of wash. Whew.

An update on the back. I was diagnosed on Monday with a ruptured disc between L4 and L5 (for those who know such stuff). Thankfully the disc ruptured up which will facilitate my recovery. The family doc said surgery, but the neurosurgon said, "if you are in pain and you are suffering any weakness, then I see no reason to operate."

I've been off meds for almost a week and feel great. I've run a few miles, swam a few laps and has spent some time on a bike... and no pain or stiffness. Perhaps I'm whistling past the graveyard when I say I feel a bit guilty about not having pain, but I sincerely feel great. Perhaps my situation is extraordinarily unique, and I'm thankful for that.

The Okoboji marathon is in a week and it looms as a distinct posibility. We shall see.

No comments: