Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Week in Review

Last week was a blur.  On Sunday I drove down to Missouri for the funeral of Marge Messick.  She was a terrific spouse, loving mother, doting grandmother and caring Great Grandmother.  She was traditional country music fan, and loved her St. Louis Cardinals.  I met her through her daughter Carole and Carole's sons Tim and Tony (pictured here).  Marge will be missed.
I detoured my return trip through Des Moines.  Sufficient time has passed since Monty was stolen from the shop.  So I let our friends as Jett & Monkey's know that we are in the market for another puppy.  Sure enough, Monday morning before I left Moberly, I got the call about two puppies.   When I drove up to DSM, I couldn't split up the siblings (see Sophies Choice) so I brought them both home.  So I introduce to you, Buddha (left) and Pipsqueak.  They are nine-week old rescue Mastiff puppies.  The will grow to be 130 - 160 lbs.  YIKES!

On Monday I returned home with the puppies and West High Women's Soccer advanced to the Quarter Finals in the State Soccer Tournament.

Tuesday and Wednesday were quiet days.  Laura and three delinquents took off Thursday for Chicago to help prepare for the funeral and interment of her mother who passed last years.  I headed west to Des Moines for a West Des Moine Leadership Academy event.  Maggie stayed behind to play her Quarter Finals Soccer Game against Cedar Rapids Kennedy.  (They lost - Congratulations on a good season WH Girls).

Friday, Maggie and I headed over to Chicago area for the funeral and burial.  Then back to Iowa City Friday night.  Saturday, I hustled out early to run the Grinnell Games 1/2 Marathon in a respectable sub 2:00 time. Then back over to DSM with the family for a wedding.   Then back home.   Sunday morning, Ike and I were up at the crack of dawn to drive to Waterloo for a soccer match in which they won 11- 2.   Then back home.   Whew, I'm tired of driving.

This week, after today (Tuesday) I'll be in DSM all week.  The puppies continue to grow.  Kids continue to stay active and our lives continue to spin recklessly out of control.  And so it goes....

No comments: