Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Attended the Association of Business and Industry (ABI) Conference where I met some amazing people, and completed the Leadership Iowa program with a very talented and special group of colleagues. After almost a year together, I will miss them tremendously.

Summer is in full swing in IC. Sleep-overs, play dates and general laziness abound. Today was one of those days with me.  I do love my immediate family, but would like to include my extended family in that mix...(You know who you are).

The week ahead should be fairly quiet. Ellie goes to orientation at KU, and I get to enjoy a prostate screening (and all the appropriate prep - joy of joys). Shout out to some b-day people - Crazy Pete, Ellie, JoAnn, Nancy, Brad et al.

From the cheap seats... Ron Paul is a welcome disruptive opponent. Think people! Think!  And my only other comment is witnessing some troublesome leadership in this State, I'd enjoy the challenge of being Govenor without influence-peddling of the parties.  It seems our political parties sometimes get inthe way of progess.

And so it goes...  



 

No comments: