Sunday, January 29, 2012

How'd Did This Happen?


While in Des Moines this weekend, I stopped by Jett & Monkey (a Woofable's customer).  One of the owners (Jennifer) is a "Fluffy Butts" rescue pet representative.  She currently has nine small dogs seeking adoption.  The second I saw this one... it had to happen.  I talked myself out of him.... for about a minute or so, and the next thing I knew, I was swearing like a sailor as I was signing the paper.

And so we welcome Vermont (Monty) Carlo Taylor to the Family.  He's a two month old Beagle, Pug, Chihuahua mix (Chipugle?).

And if that chaos is not enough... Pork Chop, our Blue Parakeet, now has cage-mate:  Apple Sauce, a yellow Parakeet.  A full house indeed.

And last but not least... a quick shout-out to my sister (Emily) and Nephew (Bone Head).  I lost a bet with Emily and she requested Kettle Corn and Dog Treats.  So, we sent her a small kettle, a can of corn, dog biscuits and a bag of Pupcorn.  She text me to acknowledge the Kettle, and Corn (hardee har har), and inform me that she and Bone Head were eating the treats.

And so I asked if treats included the kettle, corn, biscuits or Pupcorn.  As it turns out, it was the Pupcorn.  I then explained that Pupcorn is normal popcorn drizzled with Chocolate and Peanut Butter carob (sounds good, right?), AND a healthy dose (1/4 cup) of liver powder!   Yep, proof positive that Woofable's Gourmet Dog Treats are not just enjoyed by dogs, but the owners will eat them (enjoy them?) as well.

My sister now claims she "Hates Me".  To think, it took me 50 years to pull off an accidental prank that was better than anything I ever planned.  By the way, they are both fine.  My nephew may be cautious about anything I send, and my sister is a bit less anemic (someday she'll thank me for that).

That's the news for now.  And so it goes.....

No comments: