Sunday, March 14, 2010

Exploring the City of Sao Paulo

My luggage should arrive very soon, and may be down stairs right now. So that's good news!
Above we see a breakfast I ordered at a local cafe. I was flying solo at this point, which was just as well because my Portuguese might have embarrassed everyone. But I figured if I didn't try, I'll never learn. The coffee here is amazing!
I hung out with Carlos, one of our guides, for the better part of the day. Great guy. He speaks 5 languages and has been an area guide for a while. We had very interesting conversation and I learned a little Portuguese along the way. I hope I see him again before we leave.
Above we witnessed a typical afternoon rain shower. It poured for about 10 minutes and the drops could have filled a shot glass. This picture was taken outside the hotel and the photo on the right is of the remaining portion (only a few city blocks) of the original tropical forrest which made up most of the Sao Paulo area. The area now is called a cement Jungle.

No comments: