Tuesday, February 28, 2006

News From The Hood

The following exerpt is from our imbedded correspondent back in "the hood". Names [and some text] have been changed to protect marital status and instill some sense of anomynity lest homes get egged, trees get teepeed and yards experience an unusual amount of powerfully errant goose poop.

"Hey Der Hosers;

Life is quiet in the cul de sac as winter tredges on. Natasha bought me hockey skates for xmas with hopes of getting me on the pond for hockey. Haven't seen Hatfield's on the ice [ya know, da guy wit da fancy snow machine that makes de ice clear from snow, ya?], but then again the ice has been tricky around Boone's Farm County this year anyhows. Might return the skates since I haven't skated since I was 12 years old. I upgrade my Life Insurance and my wife buys me skates . . . weird.

Went ice-fishing on the Upper Scale Flowage [the part that's not melted or stinky from all that sewage and toxic waste] a couple weeks ago and caught a few northern around 29". Lots of snow up der. Ya, doncha know?

Been busy with some major Fruit System [computer] upgrades at work, but despite all dat, Natasha and I had a chance to hit Washington DC. It was the first time for me and it was a pretty cool time at dat. Hanging out in Georgetown was really interesting and brought about dreams of going back to school and being Bohemian, but den Natasha slapped me and I shut up.

Heading to Scottsdale end of March for warmth and prickly pear margaritas.

Very neat on the gall-stone surgery. I usually get tired driving that distance.

Hope the clan is well. Natasha is doing good and says 'hey der'! - Boris"

No comments: