Friday, August 31, 2012

Another Item off the Bucket List

I hope many of you are sitting down when you read this post.  Yes it's true.  I'm ordained.  Not in the Episcopal Tradition ... to do that would require a bit more time, effort, discernment, trials, tribulations, inquire, investigations, proceedings, etc... you get my point.  And, for the record, my ordination is not intended to be offensive or blasphemous to any of you who might think me as a fool and disrespectful. No siree.

My general philosophy in such matters is live and let live; respect everyone's individual spirituality and traditions; do no harm unto others; and please don't disrespect other believes just because agree or understand them.  Don't push yours and I won't push mine.    

Now that I'm ordained (officially titled Reverend), I am allowed to perform the respective duties of a minister should the occasion be requested or required. Please know that I don't take these responsibilities lightly, and have begun research and study to learn and understand some of the history and tradition behind that supports the different ceremonies and blessings that I am now able to perform.

This will be a self imposed spiritual journey.  But rest assured, I'm still the same schmuck, faker, spaghetti-head, humorist, buffoon, dork, word-man, moron, dim whit, idiot, goof ball and knucklehead that I've always been.  No, I will not where a frock, turban, miter, or collar.  I might get a sash someday, but I'm still trying on responsibilities for size. 

So here goes nothing and something all at the same time.  And so it goes...

No comments: