Sunday, April 04, 2010

Home at last, home at last

After returning from Brazil, I had a few days to recoup while Sidetrack went to the Twin Cities for a client. Shortly after her return home, I was off to Atlanta for 5 days. Now that I'm back I can more regularly update the blog.
While in Brazil I visited a huge open market, the Ipanema Hippie Market (above). This is hosted every Sunday in a park just two blocks off the beach. It was very crowded and they had all sorts of items for sale to include fine leaders, jewelry (cheap as well as nice), clothes, and tourist crap.
After "shopping", I grabbed a bite to eat at a local cafe (above) and then took one final stroll on the beach (below). These will be the lasting images I'll have for the final days in Brazil ... until next year when the EMBA class of 2011 may return.

The conference I attended in Atlanta was very good, but the highlight was my Sunday morning run. While running to Turner Field (home of the Atlanta Braves), I passed Ebenezer Baptist Church and the Martin Luther King Museum. I noticed a group of people over by the tomb of MLK so I jogged over to catch the final prayers for Palm Sunday. It was very moving and very cool.

But now I'm home for a few weeks and digging in for the final push before graduation. Easter has been uneventful (which is nice for a change) and the afternoon will include a run and some gardening. No soccer, and no insane running around . Happy Easter everyone!

No comments: