Monday, February 01, 2010

Running Streak '09

The annual running streak has reached one month and counting. The first part of January was blistering cold, but I managed most of my runs outside. There was a brief and welcomed warm-up in the middle part of the month, but this was short lived. We went into the deep freeze again in the final 7 days. I was less tolerant during this second cold spell and spent more time on the dreadmill than I would have liked.
The boredom of the dreadmill led to some good speed work which may have some long-term benefits as February and March roll around. I also took advantage of the gym to get in some good cross training which may have some residual benefits as the season warms up and distances begin to lengthen.

Total mileage for the month was 129.25, for an average of just more than 4 miles a day. Onward and upward into February!

2 comments:

C. P. said...

Streak like you mean it!

Unknown said...

Asics are the best! I have a friend in the Navy and he and his buddies would run marathons on the ship's treadmills! I don't know how they did it.