Thursday, July 23, 2009

Goin' Green

I rode my bike into work this morning. It's a four mile trek through traffic that takes roughly 25 minutes (a bit faster if I catch lights, a bit slower if I'm stall by other commuters. This is my humble contribution to minimize my carbon footprint. Makes me wonder how many others could do the same?

So, if I do the math... 8 miles a day 3 days a week that'd be 24 miles a week. Let's say I do this for 9 months out of the year at 90 miles per month (conservatively) that's 810 miles a year. If I get 30 miles per gallon, that saves rougly 25 gallons of gas (or something like this). It's not much, but better than nothing. Hmm, something to think about.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Luke said...

You forgot to factor in the errand factor as well. Biking restricts you from the noon hour jaunts across town for something that probably didn't need a special trip anyway.

Nice rig as well. Are those 'egg beaters'? I'm impressed.

I had a solid week where I road everyday here to work. Now I've got a flat that I need to fix. Hope your having a great summer.