Friday, December 21, 2007

Not in the Midwest Anymore!

As adventures go... I'd say this trip to my Cousin's wedding in California has gotten off to a moderate start. The crew for my flight from Minneapolis to San Jose (via Phoenix) didn't show up which meant my connecting flight would be missed. So, in light of service concerns the airline generously put me on another airline's direct flight... to San Francisco.


The only problem with this plan is the rental car... I was scheduled to pick up and drop off at the San Jose airport where my flights were originally scheduled to land and depart. I ended up renting an Enterprise car (I highly recommend Enterprise) for a day. Then figure out a pick-up-return trifecta for later in my visit.

Today was later in my visit. Thanks to my cousin Catherine (pictured here) we drove to SJ, picked up a second rent-a-car, then returned the first to San Fran. It was a two hour excursion that went as well as it could.

Gas prices are almost 70 cents more per gallon in California. Wow!

Tonight is the wedding rehersal and tomorrow is the "Big Day".


Back on the homefront, preparations for the holidays hits full pitch. Cookies get baked tonight and tomorrow and by all reports there have been no fatalities or hospitalizations... yet. Hang in there Side Track!

No comments: